Subject: Re: [Leica] depths of reverberation
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 18:15:53 -0700

Dave Richards wrote:

> If a child is living on a trash heap, scrounging to survive, I doubt their
> primary concern is learning to express themselves photographically.  They
> would probably appreciate a hot meal or a warm, dry, safe place to sleep,
> and they would be better off being examined and treated by a doctor.
>
> When you are hungry, dirty, living in fear and facing death every day,
> aesthetics and the beauty of life take a back seat.  Way back.
>
><Snip>
When I was 13 I got involved with Hull House which was the same thing as the
Jane Adams center out of Chicago.
Jane Adams took her money and taught starving children how to do Ballet!!
Taught Benny Goodman how to play Clarinet.
And myself how to play the Cello and a few other things.
Who would I have turned out to be without them?
It's amazing being surrounded by young genius.
Kids from the inner city my own age.
And getting out of the suburbs.
Two summers in their Music Camp in Southern Wisconsin.
A different environment for both the suburban kids as well as the inner city kids.
Mark Rabiner
nice clouds!
East Troy!