Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M4-2 drop: viewfinder
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 08:05:57 -0600

There may be a way as I am sure they probably changed something else at the
same time but the only sure way is to remove the screw* above the lens mount
and look to see if there is an adjustment screw inside. My M4-2, serial no.
1530849 (late production), does not have the adjustment screw. I have the
impression that the viewfinder was changed again when the diodes were fitted
for the M6. I have a copy of an email from Solms saying just that and people
with M4-Ps have said that they do not have the flare problems of the M6. My
M4-2 is the same as my M2 in all situations and does not flare out any
sooner under difficult lighting. There is a slightly warmer colour cast to
the M2 which is most likely due to the age difference (20 odd years).

John Collier

*Unless you are very careful, you will mark the screw when removing it.