Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica camera & insurance
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 21:25:27 -0400

I recently switched to a new insurer for my apartment who will cover
replacement value (not AVC) for all my belongings, anywhere in the world,
for all perils.  There is a standard deductable, but for example if I go
for a walk in the woods, and I slip and my Leica falls into a stream, it is
covered (by water AND my insurance!).

Incidently, I acquired my first M6 when my used M4-P (bought for about
$1500 CDN with 50/2) was stolen, along with a 20 year old Minolta SRT-101
and some miscellaneaus stuff.  The insurance Co. evaluated the replacement
value for everything  and it was enough to cover the cost of a new M6.  Oh,
and they replaced a used tele-elmarit-M 90 with a new one.

Dan C.