Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Pornography?
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 19:43:53 -0700

Pornographic? Come on. How can that be? Children so young can't be
pornographic. They're essentially sexless creatures (with children's body
parts).
Pictures of them are just pictures of children. Period.
Corollary: People who find pictures of children pornographic are ill.
If someone gets turned on by elbows or chins, should we arrest anyone who
takes pictures of them too?
Why?

Mike Quinn

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

On the other hand...I cannot completely fault the lab people for reporting
her to the police. With the concern about child abuse it was not entirely
unfounded. And most molesters are normal-looking regular people. In a way,
the lab technicians and the police are perhaps responding to a valid concern
in today's society.