Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon LTM 35/1.8 Lens and Old Viewfinders Magazine
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 22:44:15 -0700

This is a particularly interesting lens.

It is a modified double-Gauss, or modified Xenotar configuration lens,
which added a negative image flattener for the rearmost element,
cemented to the positive element that would be the last element in a
double-Gauss configuration.

It is rather interesting to note that Summicron 35mm ASPH is very
similar to Nikkor-S 35mm 1:1.8, with an exception of a negative element
as the first element instead of a positive element.  The rearmost
negative meniscus element supposedly plays the same role as the Nikkor.

It is interesting that a nearly identical lens pops up over 30 years
after the original design.

Ken Iisaka  ken@iisaka.org
http://www.iisaka.org
Still lost in Mill Valley in Marin County, California