Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom depression
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 12:46:47 -0400

Ok....there's poor technique, and then there's POOR technique.   I'm
talking about those negatives (I have a bunch) that appear to have all the
information there, but simply can't be printed easily, because of the huge
range of densities present in the negative.

For instance,I have a shot taken near Clearwater, British Columbia in the
middle of nowwhere showing both the sky at twilight, beautiful reflections
of the sky in the water, and deep shadows in the surrounding forest.  There
is shadow detail visible in the forest (visible in the negative), but I
have never been able to show it in a print and still differentiate the
tones in the sky  (I'm certain that it is possible with a lot of grunt
work).  I'm certain that the negative will scan and print more easily than
using traditional darkroom techniques.

Dan C.