Subject: RE: [Leica] Darkroom depression
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:53:10 -0400

Brougham,

Yes, this is good advice and I will take it.  I have a friend who knows
darkroom work but doesn't currently have a darkroom.  Still, there are labs
available that will rent space/equipment to use, and we plan on spending
some time there together.  That's the first step.

The lesson I've learned from the b&w negatives and what you and others have
said here is err on the side of over-exposure rather than under-.  I'll bear
that in mind, meter off the shadows, and see what happens.  I will also
experiment with setting the ASA on the M for lower than the rated film
speed.

I don't know the Ansel Adams books, but will check them out of the library.

Dan