Subject: [Leica] Disassemble a DR-Summicron
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 12:05:49 -0500

I would not suggest you try and do this yourself.  I think you could
certainly wait to have Sherry give it her touch.  She has no doubt done this
procedure countless times and she probably has a trick or two in doing it
right.

I had her work her magic on my 50mm f2.8 elmar which had a really scuffed
front element.  It was a mess.  The lens I got back was at least twice as
contrasty as the before version was.  It is well worth the expense if you
intend to keep the lens to have her do it.

You wouldn't want the precise characteristics of the Leica messed up now
would you?????

gck