Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Serial number switch from Wetzlar to Solms, Leitz to Leica
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 08:11:25 -0600

I cannot tell you exactly but I have seen Leitz on serial no. 1725853 (1987)
and Leica on serial no. 1757614 (1988). Of course I noticed that little
extra glow from pictures taken with the camera with the Leitz red disk. That
little indefinable something extra that only we cognoscenti would notice.

John Collier