Subject: Re: [Leica] T.A. soft release AKA "Softie"
From: "Michael Gardner" <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 19:28:22 -0400

Right!  Loctite flows very readily and would be a bad addition to the
innards of a camera.
Try using the tiniest dab of rubber cement - the stuff in a jar with a
little brush - near the top of the threads on the softie before you screw it
in place.  This is just enough to stop the release from loosening
inadvertently but will peel off you need to remove the soft release.  I
screw mine in quite firmly with no adhesive and have never lost one yet.

Mike Gardner