Subject: [Leica] Today's New Leica Trick
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 16:33:45 -0700

Hi everyone!

     I've been selling some odds and ends Nikon stuff on the eBay, and I
listed an AR-2 cable release for the Nikon F.

     That was yesterday.  Today, I was thinking, 'what kind of minimum
of accessories do I need for the newly bought Leica IIIf?  A cable release!
Gee, aren't those real specialized, semi-hard to find items?  Bright
idea: try the Nikon AR-2 on the Leica IIIf!  It worked...

     In a panic, I checked to see if anyone had placed a two dollar
bid on the AR-2....phhh.  Not yet!  Quickly, I cancelled the auction.

     I suppose in the Leica screwmount era, Leitz marketed a cable release
and Nikon simple copied it.  I imagine the used market cost of Leitz
brand screwmount cable releases is much higher than the AR-2.

     Furthermore, I'm also selling on the eBay a Nikon AR-1, the soft
release.  Surprised, I found that this accessory does NOT fit the IIIf.

     My pool of Leica information may grow to such an extent that I'll
be competition for Jay Leno's "The Brain"!   :-)

			Cheers,

						Rich

Message from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] M6 metering question)