Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 metering question
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 01:59:38 +0200

Hi Henning,

> He said that he had used the F5's spot metering. No color metering.

Sorry, you are right, I did not see that point.

About you b point, I would agree if we were shooting uniform surfaces. But films
are not that cheap and we can't afford to photograph white or black surfaces
without anything else :-). It's the "else" that give the F5 a clue about what it
is measuring.

> e) The one other variable is that Nikon's matrix metering, and I believe
> others, don't normally allow more than 16 or 17. I don't believe that the
> spot metering has this restriction.

It does not, I just tested it.

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)