Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 04:11:54 -0700

John Coan wrote:
> Without using neck strap or rangefinder, sounds like you guys would like a Rollei
> 35S.  .............

Hi John!

     Well, it's only some situations where I don't want the rangefinder, like
in street shoting.  In other situations I want the rangefinder like in
portraiture inside with available light.  Besides the Rollei has one lens only,
the Leica, many choices.

     Since I got my Leica IIIf w/Canon 35/2.8, it's in my pocket or bag all the
time.  I used to carry the Olympus Stylus Epic on the bicylce, but the Leica
is there now.  It's a little heavier, but I hardly notice.  There's no
battery, and most importantly, when I press the release it fires without
that, for me, bothersome delay.

     BTW, my first roll of film on Plus-X netted some keepers, this
inspite of the fact that I had no 35mm viewfinder.  Photography is kind of
a Zen thing; we think we know what we want to get in the picture, but often
the suprises are the best.  That is, we must first let go of our limitations.
(waxing philisophical at 4 am)

     The Rollei 35S is a fine camera!

					Cheers,

								Rich