Subject: [Leica] D.I.Y. color processing
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 11:06:07 +1000

Andrew,
there is no "economical" way to process color at home. Any lab can process a
roll of negatives for $1.50.

You, on other hand, will need equipment, temperature control devices,
chemical, and replenishing chemicals.
Depending on the total volume (over the span of time you project needing
this service), a Jobo processor is probably the best bet.
http://www.jobo-usa.com/
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Joe,

for me the reason to do the colour processing at home is the "quality". The
only lab I know that might do it for $1.50 would use roller transport, and
that seems to scuff/scratch every "important" image ;-) Using the Jobo
should eliminate this issue if "I" handle the films carefully. I also
suspect that I should be able to do the processing for less than the local
labs will charge anyway, but I will then lose by wasting chemicals ;-(

cheers

Alastair Firkin