Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 11:25:11 -0700

Jean-Claude Berger wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> In the November 1955 "Le Leicaiste" French magazine one can see HCB shooting
> with a no strap M3. Another M is resting between his chest and his bent elbow,
> secured by a wrist strap, though.
><Snip>
At the last LHSA meeting (Lutheran High School of America:) someone did a great
presentation on "Kit's" which is a word to describe the cameras photogs "wore"
over the years; Leica's with Nikons being the predominant Motif. They had them
as I recall displayed on dummies with no heads. No Shalom Harlow.
But my point here is (how often do the Nikons and Leicas crash into each other)
without the straps we have no kit. We are not wearing our cameras and such a
statement is not being made. I think of Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now.
Mark Rabiner