Subject: [Leica] a question regarding the R3
From: "Fernando Martins" <fer@caleida.pt>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 13:38:22 +0100

hi to you all,

I'm a nikon user, in love with rangefinders.
I own several cheap old ones (Canonets, Yashicas), which I do love,
but one day I WANT an M6 (don't we all?......).

but in the meantime, I've found a cheap way to get into leica glass.
I have the opportunity to buy an R3 in good condition, and a 50/2
in ugly condition, but the glass is good. this set up should cost me
around $450 (I live in Portugal, Europe).

what I want to know is the specifications/features list of the R3.
I searched the net but haven't found anything useful, and the leica
website doesn't help either.

could any of you point me out (in the net):
1) a resource for leica cameras
2) a resource speficific on R Leicas (or only R3)
3) resources (european, if possible) of used leica gear

and any usual problems that R3's users might have...

thanks in advance for your time.

best regards,

Fernando Martins
Systems Administrator