Subject: RE: [Leica] a question regarding the R3
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 10:27:39 -0400

Dear Fernando -

If you are a Nikon shooter who wants to get into rangefinders, a Leica R
system is NOT what you are looking for. All you will be doing is trading one
reflex for another. Yes, you will get Leica glass. But that's only a small
part of what makes an M an M. Far more important is the fact that it is a
rangefinder camera, a compact, quiet, unobtrusive little box with which you
view the world through a picture window with frame lines. Using it is
philosophically/artistically, different from using an SLR. There are lots of
ways to get into rangefinders without buying an M - a screw mount Leica, a
screwmount Canon, a Russian copy, etc. You'd be better off with any of these
than with an R, if what you want is the rangefinder world.

B. D.
http://www.a-day-in-our-life.com