Subject: [Leica] Leicaflex SL
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 02:40:45 +0100

> From: thibault collin
>
> You're damn right Jason!
> There is a socket screw inside the tripod
mounting bush and you'd better not
> try to unscrew it unless you have the
specific tool! I know what I'm talking
> about, I fu**ed one up this way wanting to
remove this screw with an
> ordinary screw driver. I just "screwed up"
the screw (!) and it took a hell
> of a time to Sherry Krauter to remove the
base plate! Il took her a lot of
> time and me a lot of money.
> Anyway, you've been warned.

Ha!  Words of wisdom indeed, if only I hadnt
had to wait for the digest!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice on this
thread ;) its a Wetzler SL MOT, the screw is
(was) square, unfortunately by the time I got
the digest the socket in my screw was very
round.  Its 2:30am now, following a series of
increasingly desperate measures and a pack of
Marlboro Ive managed to remove the baseplate
without using a hacksaw.  I think that was
Wetzlars last laugh, a strange square
socketed screw with a reverse thread in
aluminium!!

Now I just need a new screw to anchor the
tripod bush!  Incidentally, once you know how
it works its a cunning bit of quality
engineering.

Jason Hall