Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #77
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:25:00 EDT

I take exception to the idea that the Rollei 35SE cannot deliver professional
results. It has served me well as a backup camera, always ready when other
high priced name brand professional equipment hiccups. On an assignment in
India when my Leica R sucumbed to moonsoon malaise, the Rollie kept on
clicking and permitted me to complete my photo schedule on time. My art
director was unable to tell the Rollei pictures from the Leica pictures.
Sure, you have to guess at the distance and second guess on the exposure
readings, but the 40mm Sonnar f2.8 lens is razor sharp and the body is rock
solid. Also the flash syncs at all speeds, just the thing for fill-in under
the bright Indian sun (when it isn't raining).

LarryZ