Subject: [Leica] What have I done to deserve this
From: Min-yi Shen <smy@kff1.uchicago.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 21:19:27 -0500 (CDT)

  Hi Everybody:

    I recently bought another M3 because I always need to shot color and

  BW together and need a camera that's good got longer lens. So I ordered

  one from a renowned dealer, and got it several days ago. At first I am

  so happy because the VF is so clear and the shutter is as quiet as

  whisper. Then I found a problem. Normally when a M3 was fired at 1/5s

  you'll hear a "zzz...zzz" (sounds like self-timer) sound then "click".

  Sadly, the 1/5s on my M3 works just like 1/25s and has no such a sound.

  However the 1s,1/2s,1/10s seems ok by comparing it side-by-side with my

  trusty M2. Is it a serious problem? If it is, I'll return it right now.

Min-yi Shen

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] What have I done to deserve this)