Subject: Re: [Leica] What Leica will be showing at Photokina
From: "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:10:18 +0100

Nathan

I guess we could continue the debate about lens quality.  I agree that
optically Leica lenses are outstanding (the best), but outstanding optics
are useless if you want to photograph a Formula 1 car doing 180mph straight
towards you.  Horses for courses, and in the case of fast action photography
Leica lenses could be second to some, where capturing the action is
secondary to the optical quality.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Leica and
wouldn't swap it.

I do agree that they could make excellent MF lenses though although the
price may require an additional mortgage.

Simon