Subject: [Leica] Batteries & Self-timers
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:18:06 -0400

LUGGERS,
        As I remember it, I was told by Leica the reason the self-timer was
omitted on the M4-2 and M4-P is "motorized Leicas do not have self-timers."
(SL-Mot, SL-2 Mots and all the screw mount cameras). The winder was
considered close enough to a motor.
        I mentioned my M4-M had a self-timer. "That, Herr DiMarco was an
American invention, not German."
        In any event, The self-timer space went to the battery for the M6
meter.
        This put to an end the "tales" about throwing a self-timered Leica
in the air and taking your picture. Ala, Mssrs. Winogran and Frank. If this
happened, where are the pictures?

Happy Snaps,

Sal DiMarco, Jr.