Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon F5
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 17:44:01 -0700 (PDT)

D is a feature akin to ROM for distance being communicated by the lens
back to the camera for flash calculation. MAtrix metering and the likes
come to mind. Most of the D lenses are also faster focusing than non D.
If you use an SCA 300 system, you don't need the D feature; if you use an
SB-28 or 26 or SCA3000 flash, you do.

Cheers,

Lucian