Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 00:45:22 +0100

Mark

>>  Bad example Simon as the "standard focal length for Lions and Tigers and
elephants etc. is 300 mm. <<

I agree, or in my cowardly case 600mm f/4 is fine!

>> Not an M6 ballgame!<

I agree.

>>So if that's your subject matter than an M6 would not of course be your camera
of choice  <<

I agree again.

>> Not the right tool for the right job.<<

I keep agreeing, this can;t be right ;-)

>> And I'd STILL rather do it with better than Nikon glass, I don't need autofocus...
I AM autofocus! <<

Ah at last, a chance to debate!  I would rather do it with Leica/CZ/Schneider glass.
However, there are some photos that you just won't get with manual Leica glass, unless
you are lucky.  Take Schumacher spinning off in the British F1 Grand Prix last year.
If you did not happen to have been tracking him with your inbuilt human AF
capabilities, by the time you had heard the tyres screech, turned round, pointed,
focussed and taken the shot he would have been in the helicopter on his way to
hospital!  I bet many Canon EOS and Nikon F photographers got some good shots of that
action, far more than the number of manual focus photographers old have done.

That said I do not know you and you may be that good.  If you are then please ignore
by diatribe above.

Simon

Message from Simon Lamb <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)