Subject: Re: [Leica] I took the plunge and ordered M6
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:11:29 -0700

You can grab it either way. At first the tab is an annoyance. Eventually you
learn that it's very useful when you don't have much time to focus.

Just memorize the position of the tab at one or two distances.
Then you can pre-set the lens to one of them as you walk by moving the tab.

Unfortunately, the six o'clock position for the tab doesn't select the same
distance on all my lenses (that would be really useful). But it does tend to
put you in the 6' to 10' range, and that's usually close enough.

Have fun! I'll be waiting with interest for your comparison of the 35 and 40
mm lenses!

Mike Quinn