Subject: [Leica] Re:Capa at Omaha
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 07:33:47 -0600

I thought that this story was used to explain the poor quality of the negs
at the time, all fuzzy and blurred. It seems to me that I read an article in
the old American Photographer that this was a myth; the negs were fuzzy and
blurred because untold tons of munitions were being directed at the
photographer during the scheduled shoot. I guess the Germans were a little
annoyed that the art director forgot to tell the right time of the session.
Regardless of the "quality", they show us what it was like that day far
better than any technically superior picture could.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Re:Capa at Omaha)