Subject: Re: [Leica] 60 Macro
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:26:18 -0500

Mikiro wrote:
>In my limited experience (I do not copy flat subjects!), a 60/2.8 Macro
>Elmarit, a 60/2.8 Macro Planar, a 60/2.8 AF Nikkor, and a 50/2.8 AF Minolta
>were all hard to fault despite some character differences.  However, lack of
>floating elements in Leica and Zeiss should have limitations with reducing
>abberations both in macro and infinity settings (Obviously so in their MTF
>charts).  This is just theoretical....  I use a Macro Elmartit 60mm as an
>everyday lens and am just happy with it.

I don't so much copying of flat objects, only some. But when
photographing an object with straight lines it is often important that
these straight lines appear that way in the photograph.

My guess is that all these lenses are good. I just wonder if anyone has
direct experience with the Leica and is it better? Or the Zeiss, orŠ

Henry Ambrose

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 60 Macro)