Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Capa at Omaha
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:24:49 -0700

lugnut capa-ites:

for what it's worth, in his autobiographical fantasy 'slightly out of
focus,' capa does state that, in a blurb that accompanied the photos in
their original publication, the editors claimed that the photos were blurry
because the photographer was scared s***less when he took them (which is
understandable enough), and couldn't hold the camera steady.

capa refutes that, as bryan caldwell noted, explaining that the quality of
the photos was ruined in the photo dryer, where they were left too long.

guy