Subject: [Leica] TTL battery ... finally got it right!!!
From: mike pailliotet <pailliotet@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:32:22 -0700

I posted a while back about the problem I was having with the battery
draining on my M6 TTL and I thought I would update you all on the
success ( so far ) that I have had .
First off , I sent in my original TTL after six months or so of repeated
battery draining , to New Jersey to see what the problem was . They sent
the same camera back two weeks later supposedly fixed but with no
explanation as to the cause of the drainage ( This goes with out saying,
but I was and am storing it in a snug bag and yes, I am careful to shut
it "off" ). That turned out to be a waist of time since it continued to
devour batteries at the same rate!
Back it went again.
Two weeks later I received a new camera with the same problem .

I got a hold of "Brenda" in N.J. , who said that the second camera
should have been from the batch with the" new and improved" metering
boards but they really had no way (even with the serial number) of
telling! She had me send it back again and promised to thoroughly test a
third body before sending one out, well so far so good !
It has been two months and I am still on the original battery! Could be
a record from what I have read here !
If it is any help , here are the serial numbers of the three bodies:
1st-2471***
2nd-2481***
3rd-2495***

If some one really needs to know the last three digits ,email me
privately!
I hope this helps any disgruntled TTL owners out there !
                                     Send em  back!!!!!
                                                   Mike Pailliotet