Subject: [Leica] FPS in 1968
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 01:19:30 +1200

Hi Luggers,

Can anyone tell me what the fastest drive for a camera was in 1968?
Sadly there are no prizes in this the 'funny academic question of the
week' award, but you will receive an emailed thank you and the
promise of a pint/fine glass of wine if you're ever in the antipodes;
or i get out again :-)

One of the films i'm writing about for my thesis involves a great
deal of photography and 16mm footage that has been spliced in such a
way that there is a staccato/quasi-live action effect. I'm curious to
know whether this particular sequence could either be the footage cut
up, or a still photographic scene spun out on a fast motor. I've
heard rumours that Nikon had something approaching a 16 fps motor
(1970's ?), which must have been akin to hand holding a gattling gun
:-)

Best of light to all,
Gary
- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University