Subject: Re: [Leica] T-Nut
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:49:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/00 9:09:44 AM, hashimoto.takeshi@mailcity.com writes:

>Of course, there's the pro's mantra: "What's MY price on VPS?"
>(Overheard on more than one occasion.)

That's because stores DO charge different customers different prices. We bid
our supplies each year to establish a price based on projected uses. When I
worked at camera stores we had a price schedule for all different classes of
customers. It's just how business is done in the photo world. Like the camera
store the photographer is in the business to make money (there are exceptions
- -- like the outfit I work for) and one of the ways he does that is hold costs
down. If the retailer is going to keep his business he's going to have to
earn it.

Bob (never pay retail) McEowen