Subject: [Leica] The wedding photographer rag
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:58:30 -0700

On the other side of that coin, a friend's son got married recently.  Their
pictures too were all b&w, 35mm, mostly available light, PJ-style, not posed
or cliched.  They were also poorly composed, out-of-focus, badly exposed,
and and gave very little sense of the event.  All of this while using AF
cameras, zoom lenses and TTL flash, too!  Of 12 36-exposure rolls shot by
the husband-and-wife team, the couple had a problem choosing 18 shots for an
album.  The could have used a few more posed, cliched photos for their
$8,000...

To add insult to injury, the photogs simply gave the couple the exposed,
unprocessed film and said see you later.  I guess they weren't too concerned
with copyright issues, what with getting payment like that for the quality
they delivered.

As an ex-wedding photographer, performance like this infuriates me more than
I can say.  Good wedding photographers have my undying respect - it takes a
very particular sort of person to do that kind of photography well, week
after week after week.  They are indeed a rare breed.

Paul Chefurka