Subject: [Leica] Re: DOF with AF
From: "Marthe & Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 23:33:06 -0400

Although I've never used one I understand that on the Canon you select DOF
AE mode, focus on the nearest point you want to be sharp, then do the same
for the farthest point. Them compose the picture and shoot. The camera
selects the best focus point and aperture so that everything between the two
points is in focus.  Not as elegant or as quick as doing it manually with
the DOF scale on the Leica but it achieves the same thing.

I myself prefer the simplicity of a marked DOF scale as with the Leica
lenses.

Rene