Subject: [Leica] Re: LHSA black paint cameras
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 00:05:33 EDT

<<

I'm guessing he signed up his wife, mother-in-law, neighbor, cat, goldfish,

etc., as LHSA members and paid for all the cameras himself.  It's

interesting that his auction says the camera is sure to be a collectible

because of the limited number to be made.  Well, it will be limited to the

number ordered, I guess....  I just know I'm anxious to get MINE!

Matt Barker>>

While that certainly is an amusing thought, grandma and his dog wearing the
new LHSA black paint camera, the truth is that Doug is an authorized Leica
dealer from Cameraland in NYC (who I have met and is a nice guy seemingly.)
He auctions quite a bit off on ebay.

Leica has permitted dealers to buy as many as we wish with early delivery
dates. Most dealers will be selling them at the same price as the LHSA but
with immediate availability. The same will be the case in June when the .85
bodies are released. These are all coming strait from Leica, not the LHSA,
but even the dealer must be an LHSA member to purchase them.

later,
Rich/
PVI

Replies: Reply from "William Ferris" <billferris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: LHSA black paint cameras)