Subject: Re: [Leica] photographer hierarchy and IQ ramblings
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:17:21 +0400

"Birkey, Duane" wrote:

> And while a high IQ can be good for certain careers, it is a poor measure of
> ability and worth.  Where would the world be without plumbers, postmen,
> teachers, janitors, truck drivers, assembly-line workers, steel workers....
> etc...  you don't need a high "IQ" to do those jobs, but any one of them has
> intelligence in skills and abilities about which my lawyer has no clue..

You are confusing things. Intelligence is the ability to learn. Skill is only
experience. More intelligent people need less experience to acquire skills.
Therefore your lawyer will need much less time to acquire the skills of your
postman, than it took your presumably low-IQ postman to acquire them.

> And finally, my personal experience is that people with high IQ's, engineers
> and doctors can be extremely stupid at times, especially once you get them out
> of their very specific element and that shows within their profession at
> times....

You mean that a lawyer is not trained to be a plumber? Correct. But he can learn
to be one in two weeks. Now for your plumber.....

Bernard