Subject: Re: [Leica] photographer hierarchy and IQ ramblings
From: "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:49:46 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
To: "LUG" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 10:09 AM

> on 17/5/00 8:17 am, Bernard at 4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru wrote:
>
> > Intelligence is the ability to learn
>
> That's a weird definition. I don't think it stands up at all.

I think it depends what you mean by learn. You could train a monkey to load
an M6, st the shutter to 125 and the aperture to f16. Intelligence would
come in to the equation if the monkey could adapt that knowledge to
different lighting conditions and fulfill a brief. I think it is more about
adapting concepts.

Julian