Subject: Re: [Leica] photographer hierarchy and IQ ramblings
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:16:41 +0100

on 17/5/00 10:49 am, Julian Thomas at mimesis@btinternet.com wrote:

> I think it depends what you mean by learn. You could train a monkey to load
> an M6, st the shutter to 125 and the aperture to f16. Intelligence would
> come in to the equation if the monkey could adapt that knowledge to
> different lighting conditions and fulfill a brief.

I mean, I don't think you can 'learn' to make a great picture. I think you
can learn to make a competent picture. You can probably even learn to make a
good one. But a great one?

Then again, that's talent not intelligence, so who knows?

I would however say that having worked with many find movie cameramen and
other technicians, as well as musicians, that many of the most talented
PRETEND to be less intelligent than they are.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com