Subject: [Leica] Leitz Bulb Flash gun
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:31:37 -0400

OK I've settled into my M5. I am happily putting the two lenses that I have
so far (40mm Summicron-C and 9cm Elmar) to full use and the camera works
great with all of my Vivitar flash models. (most often the tiny 102, but
sometimes the 273 or 285, depending on my lighting needs.)

I still want to try fill flash using the "M" sync and a bulb flash so that
I can use up to 1/500 shutter with the Fuji Press800 or Kodak Portra 800
that I like for weddings in open daylight.

I have a lead one of the Leitz fan flash units...does anyone here know
anything about them?

The one that I'm considering has what appears to be a battery adapter in
it, what battery do these take? Where can one find focal plane flash bulbs
today? I can figure out the proper exposure settings easily enough using
the formula Uncle Sam taught me (f/stop=GN/flash to subject distance) But I
have the bulb guide number, so I need a bulb source that can readily supply
that as well. (Usually not eBay, I assume.)

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com