Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon F motor speeds
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 17:57:48 -0700

At 11:24 AM -0700 5/17/00, Michael Darnton wrote:
>Strangely enough, through all the follow-up postings about the motor speeds
>of Nikon Fs, I don't think the original question got answered at all did it?
>
>I thought (it was a long time ago) it was what were the fast motor-drive
>cameras of the time that could have been used for jerky-motion movie
>footage. There were the various Robot cameras, and the B&H foton, but I'd
>have thought that the totally logical camera would have been the ultimate
>motorized 35mm camera of all time--the movie camera. Certainly there would
>be no reason at all not to have shot original footage the same way as any
>other movie, and produce the effect in editing. Therefore, the effect itself
>could have been produced at ANY time subsequent to the development of motion
>pix. For this effect the Nikon F seems like the least logical tool of all.
>
>If I misinterpreted the original question, just ignore me, as usual :-)
>
>--Michael Darnton

A Hulcher of some type could have been used as well; I believe he made a
variety of models in the 60's already, and with those you got true 35mm or
bigger still pictures without the limitations that most movie cameras have
for this sort of thing.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com