Subject: Re: [Leica] Long lens and filter question
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 19:15:36 -0700

Looking through the viewfinder Peter Niessen wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> today I noticed that, when using the series VIII yellow filter on my 4.8/280
> Telyt, the infinity position had changed from infinity to a little
> above the 100m on the distance scale. The filter itself is approx 4mm
> thick. Is this result compatible with what others have observed?
>
> Cheers, Peter.

Peter,

I have pondered this off and on for a bit and cannot think of any way a
perfectly flat piece of glass would shift the focus. I think some others
mentioned that it will but don't think there was any real explanation of
how.

Not specifically addressed here:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/white/long.htm

But they basically claim no effect.