Subject: [Leica] Re: Alfredo's Cameras
From: "Leonard K. Nicholson" <nicleok@sdllc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 21:53:02 -0500

Dear Mr. Roberts:

Thanks for the email!

Mr. Alfredo is the personification of a renaissance craftsman.  He could take
just about anything completely apart and put it back together in better working
order than it was originally in.  I do, indeed, remember the Ferrari, but
another moment comes to mind with regard to Rolex watches.  He could take them
completely apart, adjust them, and put them back together better than Rolex
themselves!  I cannot recall his refinish work of Leica bodies, but I can tell
you that he routinely maintained all of his clients' equipment keeping them in
perfect working condition.   Leica had a first class representative in Mr.
Alfredo!  That kind of service and care that Mr. Alfredo is generally long gone
in sales, but I think a few do realize and others are beginning to realize that
there is indeed a relationship long after the product has been sold, and that
relationship is very important.

Does anybody on the LUG know the where abouts of Mr. Alfredo?  Did Mr. Alfredo

With every good wish, I am,

Sincerely yours,

Leonard Nicholson
    nicleok@sdllc.com