Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport ?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 01:30:14 +0800

Rene,

Early production of the APO 90/.0 ASPH had 'Made in Canada' printed on the
box.  Current production has 'Made in Germany' printed instead.  This lens,
to the best of my knowledge, has always been made in Germany.  My own APO
90/2.0 ASPH., one of the first batch imported into Hong Kong in May 1999,
has 'Made in Canada' printed on the box, and 'Made in Germany' stamped on
the lens.

Early production of the R8 Motor Drive Charger had no country of origin
printed on the box, recently Leica started putting the 'Made in China'
labels on the charger boxes.  The charger itself has never been labelled the
country of origin.

Joseph