Subject: Re: [Leica] "Quick" DOF calculation
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:19:21 -0400

Bob, liked your stuff.  I think your being a bit too hard on yourself
(except for the scan quality -- man, those are BAAAAAD scans! ;)

The shot of the man in the hat on the train, drinking and reading a paper is
great.  The others are a little cliché, but I guess that's what your
customers are looking for.

The panorama of the sheepdog is another nice one: is it a panorama, or has
it been compressed for the web-site?  The aspect ratio looks odd.

The harnessmaker is another great shot.  I love the light in that.  And that
final image: The is one RELAXED dog!  Personally, I think I'd adjust the
colours a bit on that: The red is too distracting and the man's complexion
seems a bit ruddish/yellowish.

M.

- --
Martin Howard              | There's a culture here which dictates that
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU| anyone who walks more than a few paces must
email: howard.390@osu.edu  | either be too poor to own [a car], clinically
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/ | insane, or British.    -- David Willis, BBCWS