Subject: RE: [Leica] SL MOT serial numbers/gold plating
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 22:01:28 +0100

1971,
7th batch of 25, excluding MOTs.
Jem

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Robert E. Woods [SMTP:rwoods@insweb.com]
Sent:	18 May 2000 18:16
To:	'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'
Subject:	[Leica] SL MOT serial numbers/gold plating

I have an SL MOT I bought new in, I think, 1972.  I purchased it directly
from Leitz in New Jersey under their camera store employee purchase program
(while in college I worked at a camera store that was a Leica dealer).

The camera's serial number is 1283513.  It is a black chrome body.

Where does my camera fit in the production run?

On the subject of gold plating, about a year ago I stripped the finish from
a beat-up M3 I've had for a long time, and spray painted it gold.  After
several thin coats, the finish looks great and, best of all, it hasn't worn
off too much (yet).

Bob Woods
St. Paul, Minnesota