Subject: [Leica] does ANYBODY really want pictures of their kids being born?
From: kyle cassidy <cassidy@hector.asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 100 20:43:45 -0400 (EDT)

i'm damn glas my parents didn't have a camera handy when i was born ...
however, to try and steer this SOMEWHAT towards um, LEICAS folks, that's
what we're here for, i'll mention that in the book Mary Ellen Mark did
with Anne Liebowitz (the photojournalism series, i think the book is
called "women of photojournalism") she has an essay on the birth of kiefer
sutherland which her friend, donald, asked her to photograph. whith her
little leica. two of them actually and a 90mm and 50mm lens. from out of
everybody's faces. it's actually a good bunch of pictures.

when i was in college, my roommate's mom called up one day, the phone
conversation went something like this:

"hello, is aaron there?"
"no mrs. bechstien, this is kyle. how are you."
"oh hello, we're very nice here. listen, aaron's father and i were going
through some old trunks and we came across the film of aaron's briss, we
wanted to know if he wanted it."
"oh yes, i'm sure he does. please send it. you'd better send it care of me
as aaron might not be around for a few weeks, he's on a field trip to d.c.
with his poli sci class."

kc

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] does ANYBODY really want pictures of their kids being born?)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] does ANYBODY really want pictures of their kids being born?)