Subject: [Leica] street photography
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:31:14 PDT

I wonder how Johnny Deadman, who made the strong (I thought valid) point in
the "Nanook" discussion that documentary movie photography requires all
sorts of manipulation to be effective documentation, without which the
footage is basically garbage, would react to this? By his standards for film
work, if he considered his street photography "documentation" he would
logically then say that what he's garnered is hundreds of feet of useless
dreck, right?

  --Michael Darnton

Guy Bennett wrote:
"maybe the point is documentation."