Subject: Re: [Leica] Filing strategies was: Photo album
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 19:51:55 +0100

on 19/5/00 1:49 am, David Prakel at dprakel@rochester.rr.com wrote:

> Store your films in chronological order numbered 1-whatever. File your
> prints however you like but back mark each one with 27/18 or 4/20A showing
> first the film and then the frame from which is was taken.
>
> Works for me

Here's my strategy. Negs are numbered as soon as they are dry and put in
order in binders by category (b/w 35mm, b/w 6x6, chromes etc). When I scan,
I scan into folders named after the roll, eg 347. The scans stay there but I
catalogue by SUBJECT in iView, so I have a catalogue of Human Traffic pix,
for example, and another of Mayday pix, and so on.

This way it's easy to look at the file path and see what roll it comes from
without ever having to enter that info onto the computer, which I'm bad at.
It all happens automatically so long as I scan them into an appropriately
named folder.

With slides it's easier... they get edited into transparent sheets by
subject with the discards either totally junked or stored somewhere by roll
number.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, iView rules. You won't spend a
better $25 this year. Coming soon for Windoze, too.

    http://www.iview-multimedia.com
- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com