Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica MC Meters
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 10:54:08 -0500

Tony,
The meter w/o the Incident Light cover is used as a reflected light meter.
Point the meter at the subject to meter it.

Placing the Incident Light cover over the meter cell, converts it into an
Incident light meter and you would then use the meter as you would an
Incident light meter.   That is, you would point the meter towards the
position of the camera.   Since this particular meter is attached to the
camera, just turn the camera towards the source of light for the subject to
take the reading.

I believe this meter couples to the shutter speed dial.  If so, then set the
desired shutter speed, meter the subject and then set the aperture of the
lens to the opening pointed to by the needle of the meter.

If you prefer aperture priority, meter the subject and then turn the shutter
speed dial until the desired aperture matches up with the needle of the
meter.   This will provide a shutter speed appropriate for the desired
aperture.

It's been many years since I've owned an MC meter so I hope I haven't gotten
things screwed up.

Bud Cook