Subject: [Leica] Re: Photographing Photographers
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 00:21:39 +1200

Sorry Harrison, I only see one Canon. But there was something else
within the picture, i can't quite put my finger on it, but it did
briefly give me double vision.

All the best,
Gary

At 12:01 AM -0700 21/5/2000, Harrison wrote:
>About a month ago there was a thread on photographing photographers while
>they are doing their jobs.
>
>In the course of this discussion Rick Dykstra mentioned that he had
>photographed a female photojournalist who he described as - in his words -
>"Backlit, 3/4 profile, with a coupla big Canons."
>
>I asked Rick what he meant by the "coupla big Canons" remark and he e-mailed
>me the shot asking me to post it to my site as he does not have any web
>space.
>
>Anyway after seeing the photo I still wonder what Rick is really talking
>about.  His photo can be seen at: http://www.mcclary.net/cc.htm
- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University