Subject: Re: [Leica] Summarit hood
From: Stephen Holloway <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 23:14:28 +0200

Henrik Williams wrote:

> Could anyone suggest an alternative to bying an original hood for a (screw)
> Summarit?

It's probably not much help since they're rarer than the original but I
use a 3rd party lens hood for the Summarit made by Walz (from the late
50s I presume). I picked it up for $15.50 on Ebay since collectors seem
to shun them (for now!).

It's smaller than the Leica hood and round (looks like a small version
of the Noctilux hood) with nice high quality metal construction. It's
much more discreet than the original which, lets face it, should have a
guy with a red flag walking in front of it! But not so effective I
presume.

- --
Stephen Holloway
http://www.deepturtle.com/steve/photos